Graduating students from the Adult Learning Centre program may apply to give the Valedictorian speech at the convocation ceremony.
Interested candidates must fulfill the following criteria to be considered for selection:
- must be a graduating student in August, December, or April of the graduation year and be available to attend the ceremony in June;
- complete the Valedictorian form (available at the front desk) and submit this form to front desk staff within the first week of April;
- ensure that contact information on file is current;
- prepare a three-minute Valedictorian speech; and
- present the speech to a selection committee consisting of staff members.
Each applicant will be notified of the time and date of the presentation that will most likely occur in May.